Wednesday 5 January 2011

SOITA - research is starting

I am now blogging more in Finnish than in English - it used to be the other way around. On Monday I how ever blogged about something I want to share in this blog too and to make a quick post I used Google translator to translate the text in English. So if this sounds weird, blage big G :).

My longtime dream has come true: I will continue my studies after ten years. I graduated from master's degree from the University of Tampere, majoring in statistics and even if I conducted a my studies pretty soon, I did not want to continue my studies then. A couple of years ago, during the Christmas holiday, I realized I wanted to do postgraduate studies relating social media tools.

Soon after I got more to think about, Nokia announced to leave the city of Jyväskylä and I began to focus on my new career, I jumped through Protomo to Ambientia and started a company of my own. In the background I was thinking about the studies and participated quite many seminars. E.g. last spring, the University of Jyväskylä organized a seminar about digital innovation which is the same subject I am now concentrating. I feel myself lucky to be able to decide how I use my time - and now half of my week goes to my new work at the university.

On Monday I started as a project manager in the Tampere University of Technology, Information Management and Logistics Department . Our project is called SOITA (social media as part of innovation process in customer interface). The project lasts two years and it focuses on B2B companies. Our our goals are not only to create companies good practices and encouraging examples but also disseminate them widely to Finnish organizations.

If you have something similar going on, do not hesitate to contact me, e.g. by johanna dot Janhonen at tut dot com.

Happy New Year! I do hope your dreams come true too:).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't want any spam comments here so that's the reason for comment moderation. Real comments are not only accepted - they are also appreciated :).
Voit kommentoida myös suomeksi!